Saturday, August 29, 2015

Calendar Reflection

Cholet, Dafne. "Calendar*" 1/20/2011 via Flickr. Attribution License.

The Weekly Calendar Activity helped me determine the best time to squeeze in the six hours needed to complete this class's coursework. This blog post will discuss my weekly plan for the time I need to complete english homework and how the calendar activity helped me figure it out.

My first realization was that I don't do nearly enough outside of the classroom. Besides going to class, eating, working out, and sleeping, my schedule is open so sitting down for six hours a week to do english homework will be no problem at all. 

I decided that the best way I should schedule my english homework is to do it in three two-hour periods throughout the week. I picked Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday afternoons because that is when our class meets so the material would be fresh in my mind and Sundays are usually when I complete most of my homework for my other classes so it would be easy to start my English work then, too.

The goal is to complete each week's homework before Friday so I can enjoy my weekends without having a Saturday deadline hanging over my head.

Reflection: I read Alyssa and Emma's blog posts and the main thing I'm realizing is that I'm not nearly as involved on campus as I should be. They both stressed the time crunch that they are under and it made me feel severely underwhelmed because I don't think I'll have any problem fitting in time to do my schoolwork. I definitely think I need to join a club or two after seeing everyone's busy schedule.



1 comment:

  1. I agree that finishing as much homework as possible before Friday is a good idea. That way people can enjoy their weekends more, and this gives them time to work things out if there is a technology or surprising situation that pushes homework back a day or two. I also need to get more involved after school, I also found that I have tons of extra time on my hands.

    ReplyDelete