Saturday, August 29, 2015

My Controversy


First I have to say that reading this article and reminding me of when I first heard about this controversy made me sick. This Daily News article talks about the University of Oklahoma's just response to a video of members of Sigma Alpha Epsilon singing an extremely racist song. The university kicked the fraternity chapter off campus and expelled two brothers from the school which I believe is a very fair punishment to these bigots. This story interested me because as a college student and a very anti-bigot person, I was appalled that a whole fraternity could be involved in such racist actions when fraternities are supposed to be about brotherhood and respect. I can say that I'm happy with the university's response but it makes me fear how many other SAE and possibly other fraternity chapters across the US could be filled with undercover bigots.

No comments:

Post a Comment